You are on LinkedIn…now what?
May 14, 2009
Beverly Cornell, Director of Marketing and Sales, IteroText Translation Services
The Southeastern Michigan Chapter of the Society for Technical Communication (STC-SM) will offer a program entitled “You are on LinkedIn…now what?” on Thursday, May 14, hosted at the company RelWare, in Farmington Hills, MI.
Ms. Beverly Cornell, Director of Marketing and Sales at IteroText Translation Services, will speak about new social media/communication technologies with a focus on LinkedIn, and how technical communicators might realize the potential of these technologies professionally. In addition, as this is the final program to cap off the 2008-2009 STC-SM Program Season, we will also have a brief award and volunteer appreciation ceremony.
Please consider attending this excellent opportunity for learning and networking, while helping us celebrate as we close another successful chapter term. For more information or if you have any other questions, send an e-mail to the STC-SM Registration Coordinator.
Web 2.0 is here and so is networking 2.0. LinkedIn is an online network of more than 30 million experienced professionals from around the world, representing 150 industries that can help you grow your business, get a new job, and connect with interesting people. Forget exchanging business cards with acquaintances that don’t know your work, or trying to renew professional ties when you need a favor.
Join us to learn how to:
- create a profile that gets you found
- discover inside connections that can help you land you work
- find potential clients, service providers, subject matter experts, and partners
- post and distribute job listings get introduced to other professionals through the people you know
- become an expert in your field
- use your network to gather research
- build your network
- Date: Thursday, December 11
- Time: 6:30 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.: Networking and food
7:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.: Program
- Place: Arbor Networks, Inc.
2727 South State Street, Suite 200
Ann Arbor, MI 48104
STC Contact: Erin Moulton, (734) 645-1301
- Parking is free in the Arbor Networks parking lot.
- Price: $5 STC-SM members
$5 Students (members and non-members)
- Please register by e-mail and pay at the door (cash or check)
Arbor Networks, Inc. is conveniently located in Ann Arbor near exit 177 off of the I-94 Freeway, past Briarwood mall and through the intersection at E. Eisenhower Parkway. Parking is free in the Arbor Networks parking lot.