Written by Sharon McDonnell
On September 25, 2013, STC-SM held its first program meeting of the 2013/2014 season at Lawrence Technological University. The program meeting was combined with a council meeting. All chapter members are welcome to attend council meetings if they desire; most of the attendees who were not council members did not remain for that portion of this meeting.
The meeting combined networking, including attendee introductions, and “State of the Chapter” news. The election results were announced:
• Tom Glennan-President
• Pat Martz-Vice President
• Susan Fisher-Secretary
• Barry Matthews-Treasurer
• Jill Money-Immediate Past President and Nominations chair
• Maryann Bowen-member of Nominations committee
Non-elected council members are:
• Mary Jo David-Membership committee chair
• Pat Martz-Webmaster
• Sharon McDonnell-Newsletter/Blog chair
• Lisa Veasey-Programs committee chair
There are still some positions available for those who desire volunteer opportunities. Contact Maryann Bowen at [email protected] to inquire.
We had scheduled time to discuss the STC Summit held in May 2013, but time did not permit more than a brief mention from Tom Glennan and Maryann Bowen who attended the Summit. Check out past STC/SM blog postings for articles about the 2013 Summit.
We have been working on the events calendar and have some tentative topics and dates to announce. Watch this space for more information and for locations:
• October 9, 2013, 11:30 am to 1:00 pm – Networking Lunch at Grand Traverse Pie Company in Plymouth; contact Mary Jo David to reserve a seat.
• October 23, 2013, 6:30 to 8:30 pm – Council meeting at Lawrence Tech in Southfield
• October 29, 2013, “Thinking Outside the Pizza Box” program meeting, Karen Weldon (formerly of Domino’s Pizza), at Thomson-Reuters in Dexter
• November 27, 2013, 6:30 to 8:30 pm – Council meeting at Lawrence Tech in Southfield
Our programs committee has compiled a list of program ideas and tentative speakers for the entire year, and is in the process of talking with prospective speakers and finding locations. If you have any leads on locations, please contact Lisa Veasey.